Thank you for entrusting the care of, and any necessary treatment for, your pet to Masefield Veterinary Centre. We aim to provide a consistently high level of clinical care for our patients, as well as a personal and understanding environment for both patients and owners.
Please read carefully our Practice Terms and Conditions. Some aspects may not be relevant to you. Contact us for further explanation or clarification if required.
OWNERSHIP OF RECORDS:
- The ownership of all clinical notes, laboratory results, x-rays and scans relating to your pet will remain at all times with the practice. Our charges for x-ray and scans are for the interpretation of them. Copies of x-rays can be made but this would be done at your expense.
- Should the need arise all relevant information relating to your pet will be passed to another veterinary surgeon.
- Please be aware that it is your responsibility to ensure details we hold for you and your pet are accurate.
FEES AND PAYMENT:
All fees, diets and drugs are subject to VAT at the current rate.
You will receive a detailed invoice for every consultation, surgical procedure or transaction with us.
We will endeavour to provide estimates for procedures and treatments. You must appreciate that sometimes our estimate will be exceeded because unexpected complications may occur. If we think that our estimate may be exceeded by more than 20% we will try to contact you for your authority to proceed. If however, we cannot do so quickly, we will complete any treatment in the way in which we judge is necessary to protect the welfare of the animal.
All accounts are due for settlement at the end of the consultation; on the discharge of your pet; or upon collection of drugs; diets; or purchase of merchandise. You may settle the account using one of the following: cash, credit/debit card Mastercard, Visa, Maestro, Solo, Electron and Delta we DONOT accept American Express. Cheque only with a current banker’s card.
INABILITY TO PAY:
- Should you have any concerns with regard to payment, please advise our staff prior to consenting to the treatment for your animal. Emergency treatment to alleviate suffering will always be provided irrespective of ability to pay.
- In exceptional circumstances we may allow treatment without immediate payment, however in this situation we would expect payment to be made within 30 days of date of invoice and adequate identification to be provided. This will be provided at the discretion of the Practice Manager and will require your signed agreement.
- Only the Practice Manager may authorise instalments or part-payment of an account and this will only be accepted by standing order payments.
- Administration charges will be applied to all unpaid accounts.
REPEAT PRESCRIPTIONS AND SUPPLY OF DRUGS:
- Prescription only medicines can only be prescribed by a Veterinary Surgeon to animals deemed to be under their care following a clinical assessment of the animal. Therefore it is practice policy that pets on long-term medication must be seen for a clinical assessment with a Veterinary Surgeon at least every three months. This assessment must be attended if regular repeat prescriptions are required. We will provide all veterinary medicines required, or a written prescription may be requested. Please telephone at least 24 hours in advance, so that the medication/prescription can be prepared ready for collection at the surgery.
- Where possible, veterinary licensed products will be used. In some circumstances, however, the most appropriate treatment may not be a veterinary licensed drug. In these circumstances we will use the most appropriate drug available, which may be licensed to another species, possibly human. This scenario is especially true with small mammals and exotics where very few licensed products are available. Where medicines are used off license, you will be required to sign a consent form.
- We will make every effort to issue reminders for vaccinations, please however be aware that the responsibility to keep them up to date remains with you, this is particularly important if your pet has a passport.
- We are confident that we will give you a high quality service in all respects. However, if you have any queries or concerns, then please direct your comments to our Practice Manager preferably in writing. You will receive an acknowledgement in writing by return.
- Please then allow 14 working days for the matter to be investigated, following an investigation a response will be sent to you in writing.
VARIATIONS OF TERMS OF BUSINESS:
- We reserve the right to alter these terms and conditions. Such alteration will not bind the practice unless it is specifically agreed in writing and signed by the Practice Manager. No agent or person employed by, or under contract with the practice has the authority to alter or vary these conditions in any way.